ASP.NET interview questions
Following are some ASP.NET interview questions.
1. Describe the difference between a Thread and a Process?
2. What is a Windows Service and how does its lifecycle differ from a .standard. EXE?
3. What is the maximum amount of memory any single process on Windows can address? Is this different than the maximum virtual memory for the system? How would this affect a system design?
4. What is the difference between an EXE and a DLL?
5. What is strong-typing versus weak-typing? Which is preferred? Why?
6. What.s wrong with a line like this? DateTime.Parse(myString
7. What are PDBs? Where must they be located for debugging to work?
8. What is cyclomatic complexity and why is it important?
9. Write a standard lock() plus double check to create a critical section around a variable access.
10. What is FullTrust? Do GAC’ed assemblies have FullTrust?
11. What benefit does your code receive if you decorate it with attributes demanding specific Security permissions?
12. What does this do? gacutil /l | find /i “about”
13. What does this do? sn -t foo.dll
14. What ports must be open for DCOM over a firewall? What is the purpose of Port 135?
15. Contrast OOP and SOA. What are tenets of each
16. How does the XmlSerializer work? What ACL permissions does a process using it require?
17. Why is catch(Exception) almost always a bad idea?
18. What is the difference between Debug.Write and Trace.Write? When should each be used?
19. What is the difference between a Debug and Release build? Is there a significant speed difference? Why or why not?
20. Does JITting occur per-assembly or per-method? How does this affect the working set?
21. Contrast the use of an abstract base class against an interface?
22. What is the difference between a.Equals(b) and a == b?
23. In the context of a comparison, what is object identity versus object equivalence?
24. How would one do a deep copy in .NET?
25. Explain current thinking around IClonable.
26. What is boxing?
27. Is string a value type or a reference type?