Designing Interview Questions
- How would you design a server that has to process a fair number of good number of requests a second. What if you didn’t know how many requests you’d be getting? What if requests had different priorities? (I always think of the Apache design for this question)
- Design malloc and free. (give up? see how G++ malloc works or this page for more examples)
- Design an elevator control system. Don’t forget buttons on every floor and supporting multiple elevators. (What objects/methods/properties/how components communicate)
- Design a chess game (what objects? what methods? which data where? how will it work?)
- Design a deck of cards class (object/methods/data)
- How would you design the infrastructure front half of a very large web ecommerce site? what if it was very personalized? (how sessions are handled? where and what you can cache? how to load-balance?)
You may also like...