VB 6, COM, DCOM, Microsoft platform interview questions
Following are some VB 6, COM, DCOM, Microsoft platform interview questions, answer them if you can.
1. 3 main differences between flexgrid control and dbgrid control
2. ActiveX and Types of ActiveX Components in VB
3. Advantage of ActiveX Dll over ActiveX Exe
4. Advantages of disconnected recordsets
5. Benefit of wrapping database calls into MTS transactions
6. Benefits of using MTS
7. Can database schema be changed with DAO, RDO or ADO?
8. Can you create a tabletype of recordset in Jet-connected ODBC database engine?
9. Constructors and destructors
10. Controls which do not have events
11. Default property of datacontrol
12. Define the scope of Public, Private, Friend procedures?
13. Describe Database Connection pooling relative to MTS
14. Describe: In of Process vs. Out of Process component. Which is faster?
15. Difference between a function and a subroutine, Dynaset and Snapshot, early and late binding, image and picture controls, linked object and embedded Object,listbox and combo box,Listindex and Tab index,modal and moduless window, Object and Class, query unload and unload in form, declaration and instantiation of an object?
16. Draw and explain Sequence Model of DAO
17. How can objects on different threads communicate with one another?
18. How can you force new objects to be created on new threads?
19. How does a DCOM component know where to instantiate itself?
20. How do I register a component?
21. How do I set a shortcut key for label?
22. What kind of components can be used as DCOM servers?
23. Name of the control used to call a Windows application
24. Name the four different cursor and locking types in ADO and describe them briefly
25. Need of zorder method, no of controls in form, Property used to add a menus at runtime, Property used to count number of items in a combobox,resize a label control according to your caption.
26. Return value of callback function, The need of tabindex property
27. Thread pool and management of threads within a thread pool
28. To set the command button for ESC, Which property needs to be changed?
29. Type Library and what is it’s purpose?
30. Types of system controls, container objects, combo box
31. Under the ADO Command Object, what collection is responsible for input to stored procedures?
32. What are the ADO objects? Explain them.
33. What are the different compatibility types when we create a COM component?
34. What do ByVal and ByRef mean and which is the default?
35. What does Option Explicit refer to?
36. What does the Implements statement do?
37. What is OLE and DDE? Explain.
38. What is the difference between Msgbox Statement and MsgboxQ function?
39. What keyword is associated with raising system level events in VB?
40. What methods are called from the ObjectContext object to inform MTS that the transaction was successful or unsuccessful?
41. What types of data access have you used.
42. What was introduced to Visual Basic to allow the use of Callback Functions?
43. Which controls can not be placed in MDI?
44. Which controls have refresh method, clear method
45. Which Property is used to compress a image in image control?
46. Which property of menu cannot be set at run time?
47. Which property of textbox cannot be changed at runtime?
48. What is the maximum size of a textbox?
49. Which tool is used to configure the port range and protocols for DCOM communications?
send some interview questions to mye-mail