Skip to content
- Describe segmentation & pipelining in 8086.
- What is the difference between 8085 and 8086 and 80286?
- What is the Maximum clock frequency in 8086?
#5 Mhz is the Maximum clock frequency in 8086.
- What are the flags in 8086?
#In 8086 Carry flag, Parity flag, Auxiliary carry flag, Zero flag, Overflow flag, Trace flag, Interrupt flag, Direction flag, and Sign flag.
- What are the various interrupts in 8086?
#Maskable interrupts, Non-Maskable interrupts.
- What is meant by Maskable interrupts?
#An interrupt that can be turned off by the programmer is known as Maskable interrupt.
- What is Non-Maskable interrupts?
#An interrupt which can be never be turned off (ie.disabled) is known as Non-Maskable interrupt.
- Which interrupts are generally used for critical events?
#Non-Maskable interrupts are used in critical events. Such as Power failure, Emergency, Shut off etc.,
- Which microprocessor accepts the program written for 8086 without any changes?
#8088 is that processor.
- What is the difference between 8086 and 8088?
#The BIU in 8088 is 8-bit data bus & 16- bit in 8086.Instruction queue is 4 byte long in 8088and 6 byte in 8086.
- What does EU do?
#Execution Unit receives program instruction codes and data from BIU, executes these instructions and store the result in general registers.
- Which Flags can be set or reset by the programmer and also used to control the operation of the processor?
#Trace Flag, Interrupt Flag, Direction Flag.
- Which Segment is used to store interrupt and subroutine return address registers?
#Stack Segment in segment register is used to store interrupt and subroutine return address registers.
- What is meant by cross-compiler?
#A program runs on one machine and executes on another is called as cross-compiler.
- What are the different functional units in 8086?
#Bus Interface Unit and Execution unit, are the two different functional units in 8086.
- Logic calculations are done in which type of registers?
#Accumulator is the register in which Arithmetic and Logic calculations are done.
- What is the position of the Stack Pointer after the POP instruction?
#The address line is 02 greater than the earlier value.
- What is the position of the Stack Pointer after the PUSH instruction?
#The address line is 02 less than the earlier value.
- Which is the tool used to connect the user and the computer?
#Interpreter is the tool used to connect the user and the tool.
You may also like...