1) Can we have private constructor? when can I use them?
2) what is an internal specifier? what happens internally when I use access specifier Internal ?
3) DO we have inline function in C#? otherwise what is equivalent inline function in C#?
1. Explain the differences between Server-side and Client-side code?
ANS: Server side code will execute at server end all the business logic will execute at server end where as client side code will execute at client side at browser end.
2. What type of code (server or client) is found in a Code-Behind class?
ANS : Server side.
3. Should validation (did the user enter a real date) occur server-side or client-side? Why?
ANS : client side . there is no need to go to validate user input. If it relates to data base validation we need to validate at server side.
4. What does the “EnableViewState” property do? Why would I want it on or off?
ANS: IT keeps the data of the control during post backs.
if we turn off the values should not populate during server round trip.
5. What is the difference between Server.Transfer and
Response.Redirect? Why would I choose one over the other?
ANS: Server.Trnasfer will prevent round trip. it will redirect pages which or in the same directory. NO way to pass the query strings . Thru http context we can able to get the previous page control values.
Response.Redirect : There is a round trip to process the request. We can redirect to any page external / internal other than aspx. We can pass the query string thru which we can manage sessions.
6. Can you give an example of when it would be appropriate to use a web service as opposed to a non-serviced .NET component
ANS : Web services are best suite for Hetrogenious environment.
Remoting is best suite for Homogenious environment. The systems that under CLR.
7. Let’s say I have an existing application written using Visual Studio 6 (VB 6, InterDev 6) and this application utilizes Windows 2000 COM+ transaction services. How would you approach migrating this
application to .NET
We need to have Wrapper to communicate COM components in .net. and vis versa
CCW : Com Callable wrapper.
RCW : RUN time callable wrapper.
8. Can you explain the difference between an ADO.NET Dataset and anADO Recordset?\
ANS : DIsconnected architechure . Maintainace relation schemas. MUtilple table grouping.
Connected one .
9. Can you give an example of what might be best suited to place in the Application_Start and Session_Start subroutines?
ANS: APplication_start need for global variable which are available over the application.
Sesssion_Start : login dependent ( user dependent)
10. If I’m developing an application that must accomodate multiple security levels though secure login and my ASP.NET web appplication is
spanned across three web-servers (using round-robbin load balancing)
what would be the best approach to maintain login-in state for the
ANS : Database Support.
or Thru state service.
11. What are ASP.NET Web Forms? How is this technology different than what is available though ASP (1.0-3.0)?
ANS : ASP . Interprepter.. use the script engine.
12. How does VB.NET/C# achieve polymorphism?
ANS : Function overloading.
11. Can you explain what inheritance is and an example of when you might use it?
ANS : Heridity.
Use the existing functionality along with its own properities.
13. How would you implement inheritance using VB.NET/C#?
ANS: Derived Class : Basecalss
VB.NEt : Derived Class Inherits Baseclass
14. Whats an assembly
ANS : A Basic unit of executable code >
Which contains : Manifest – Meta data
versioning , Calture , IL, Reference
15. Describe the difference between inline and code behind – which is best in a loosely coupled solution
Tightly coupled – INLINE
ANS: inline function bind at compile time can write in aspx page with in <% %> .
17. Explain what a diffgram is, and a good use for one
ANS : is an xml grammer. it talk about state of node in xml file.
18. Where would you use an iHTTPModule, and what are the limitations of any approach you might take in implementing one
ANS: Preprocessing before going to IIS.
20. What are the disadvantages of viewstate/what are the benefits
ANS : IT can be hacked . page is size is heavy.
21 Describe session handling in a webfarm, how does it work and what are the limits
Session – mode
22. How would you get ASP.NET running in Apache web servers – why would you even do this?
ANS: —- Install Mod_AspDotNet
Add at the end of C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\conf\httpd.conf the following lines
23. Whats MSIL, and why should my developers need an appreciation of it if at all?
ANS : Microsoft Intermeidate lanaguage. which is the out put for all the .net supported languages after comiplation will produce.
Appreciation for cross language support.
24. In what order do the events of an ASPX page execute. As a developer is it important to undertsand these events?
ANS : INIT, PageLoad, Prerender , UNload.
25. Which method do you invoke on the DataAdapter control to load your generated dataset with data?
26. Can you edit data in the Repeater control?
27. Which template must you provide, in order to display data in a Repeater control?
28. How can you provide an alternating color scheme in a Repeatercontrol?
29. What property must you set, and what method must you call in your code, in order to bind the data from some data source to the Repeatercontrol?
30. What base class do all Web Forms inherit from?
31. What method do you use to explicitly kill a user s session?
32 How do you turn off cookies for one page in your site?
33. Which two properties are on every validation control?
control to validate, error message
34. What tags do you need to add within the asp:datagrid tags to bind
autogenerated columns is set to false
35. How do you create a permanent cookie?
Cooke = ne cookee().
36. What tag do you use to add a hyperlink column to the DataGrid?
hyper link column
37. What is the standard you use to wrap up a call to a Web service
38. Which method do you use to redirect the user to another page without performing a round trip to the client?
39. What is the transport protocol you use to call a Web service SOAP
40. True or False: A Web service can only be written in .NET
41. What does WSDL stand for? webservice description language. it is used to generate for proxy( server object)
42. What property do you have to set to tell the grid which page to go to when using the Pager object?
43. Where on the Internet would you look for Web services?
44. What tags do you need to add within the asp:datagrid tags to bind columns manually.
Auto generate columns
45. Which property on a Combo Box do you set with a column name, prior to setting the DataSource, to display data in the combo box?
46. How is a property designated as read-only?
47. Which control would you use if you needed to make sure the values in two different controls matched?
compare filed validator
48. True or False: To test a Web service you must create a windows application or Web application to consume this service?
49. How many classes can a single .NET DLL contain?